Thursday, August 2, 2007

FO: Basic Baby Socks


  • Pattern: Basic Baby Socks by Theresa Gaffey (Pattern purchased at LYS. I could not find a web site for Ms. Gaffey.)
  • Yarn: Claudia Handpainted Fingering Weight in "Baby Girl"
  • Needles: Size 2 Brittany Birch DPNs
  • Modifications: Rather than have a turned down cuff, I knitted 18 rows of ribbing per Miriam Felton's baby sock pattern. (The Felton pattern is free from her online store. Go here to get the pattern.)
The pattern is excellent—extremely well-written, and I am pleased with the looks of the finished product, but they do look a little large for a newborn. I am sending them to the intended recipent today, so we'll see.

Once I got about halfway through the first sock I began to enjoy myself, but it may be some time before I attempt to knit an adult sock using fingering weight yarn. I just don't have that much knitting time at my disposal!

(After viewing the photo again, I think I'll block the socks first before I send them on.)