Friday, July 20, 2007

Surprise... Rip-it! Rip-it!


The evening before we left to go to the beach, I got ten rows into my BSJ, and I realized that my gauge was way too tight. Clearly a gauge swatch knitted with Clover Takumi Bamboo straights does not indicate the size you will need in Addi Natura circulars, even when you are NOT knitting in the round! I had to quit because I was knitting the newborn size, and I didn't want it to be too small. I do not have the next size needles, and I can't afford to order any more right now, so the only thing to do was to begin a project for which I had the yarn and the needles: Knitting Pure and Simple's Easy Baby Cardigan, a free pattern. It is going very well. Several hours on the road along with a couple of rainy afternoons, and I am ready to divide for the sleeves.

The CTH Supersock DK will be used for...socks. I have the needles for those. If only the budget would allow ordering three sizes of needles for every project: the size called for, one size larger, and one size smaller! I still hope to make a BSJ one day, but for now, I intend to make every effort possible to knit with the yarn, needles, and patterns I currently have on hand. Ahem...

Upon returning home, there were some goodies in the mail.


There's no place like home!