Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Over It


I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted. Life has been a whirlwind: swimming lessons, VBS, house guests... Much to distract me from my hobbies.

Last Saturday (6/9), AL and I got together to work on squares for the Larger Than Life Bag. I made a mistake in my choice of yarn. The square looks fine, but I'm so over this project now after making ONLY ONE square. Perhaps if I had the unlimited resources necessary to buy the Koigu Kersti Merino Crepe the pattern calls for I would be more motivated, but right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to unload umpteen balls of Sugar and Cream. Perhaps I will have a drawing.

In the meantime, I made some progress on my sock (while watching this movie), and I made a wash cloth for a belated end-of-year teacher gift. For the body of the cloth, I used the stitch pattern in Alicia Paulson's Tiramisu Baby Blanket. I intended to use the edging as well, but when I got to that part, I was away from my pattern so I got off track. I just went with an old standby. (The handmade soap was made by a friend, and it can be purchased here.)

I've also been thinking about resuming work on the Classic Ripple Blanket or possibly making more miters. I. Just. Need. More. Time.