Thursday, June 28, 2007

Coming to a Decision

Since I let go of the idea earlier this week of making a mitered square whatever, I've been comtemplating what to do with my modest stash of 1824 Wool. To make a ripple blanket, I would have to a aquire more yarn, and that I do no want to do. What can I do with what I have? Granny squares? Too many ends to weave in. A child's striped sweater? Too many ends to weave in.

Let me rephrase the question: What can I do with one ball of 1824 Wool? Baby hat. Baby socks. Child's hat. Child's socks. Mittens. You see where I'm headed here? During the past year, I have intended on two separate occasions to make items for charity, and I have failed to follow through. It won't happen again. Afghans for Afghans has posted on their site that they need baby hats and socks for a Kabul hospital, and they anticipate collecting the items in September, which gives me plenty of time to make some items for the current drive. In fact, I'm willing to share my stash with anyone committed to using the yarn to the same end. AL? Just let me know, and I'll be glad to share.

Hang the socks! (For now.) I'm off to cast on for a hat! I get to use my Lantern Moon size 7 DPNs!