Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Twenty Years Ago Yesterday


Last night, as I was turning off the computer, it occurred to me that it was the twenty year anniversary of my high school graduation. If someone had told me then that in twenty years I would be a stay-at-home mom with two small children, and that I would be knitting and crocheting in my "spare" time, I would have told them they were crazy. There's a lot to be said for getting older.

I spent a few hours in the car yesterday (as a passenger, of course) and was able to make some progress on my sock. The end is in sight! My knitting and crocheting have lately been hampered somewhat by my being engrossed in reading Drums of Autumn, the fourth Outlander series book. I've had to remind myself lately that I knit and crochet for fun and that there is no need for me to put pressure on myself. It's hard being Type A.