Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Foray into Thread Crochet


I made my first attempt to crochet with thread last weekend, and it turned out pretty well, I think. I used Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet Thread and an F hook to crochet the "Eastern Star" in the Spring 2007 Interweave Crochet. The pattern is included for embellishing a sweater, and while I have no interest in crocheting the sweater featured, it occured to me that I could crochet the flowers and leaves and applique them to the plain, inexpensive jean jacket I use in the spring and summer for when I get too cold from the air conditioning.

I have had virtually no interest in thread crochet up until now. And I still can't imagine enjoying working with materials smaller than size three thread and an F hook. However, the idea of adorning pillowcases and towels with pretty crocheted trims is beginning to appeal to me.