Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rippling Along

Well, I finished another project I've been working on for months. As I was finishing it up in the car this weekend, my husband even said that he would be glad when it was done!

This is my first round ripple, which I made for my cousins baby...born in October! Thankfully, it's way too big for a newborn, and she should be able to use it for many years to come. I used Bernat Softee Chunky and a L hook. The pattern can be found here. Raveled here.

I am raring to go on my next ripple project, but it is somewhat hush hush as the recipient has been known to read this blog from time to time. ;-) I usually always have a crochet project going for watching videos and riding in the car, but I'm going to have to work on this next one at other times as well so that I can finish it in a more timely fashion!

Also, in crochet news, I'm in the midst of teaching a beginning crochet class. The class is small, and my students are doing very well. So far, over the past few years, I've taught more than twenty people to crochet. It's not a very lucrative gig, but I enjoy teaching and perpetuating the craft. I'll try to do a post on my classes...some time.

Edited to add: By the way, we did celebrate Valentine's Day this year! A few photos are here.